Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Classroom Organizer

 I have discovered this great website (via Pinterest, of course) that allows you to put all of your classroom library books onto your account and then students can get online and check out the books.  It's called Classroom Organizer

Now, I haven't actually used this yet except to enter all the books onto my account, but in theory it sounds great!  There is also an app that allows you scan books in, however, it wasn't that great.  The problem with the app is that not all of the barcodes actually scan in the ISBN number.  I found it easier to simply type in the ISBN on my computer as I can type on a keyboard faster than I can type on my phone.

I will update later about the effectiveness of this website.

I do have two photos of my classroom to update from earlier this week.  It's a disaster, but only because I've started organizing my books into genres and that has led to piles and piles.    My goal is to have an organized classroom library.  So far, all of my books have been entered into Classroom Organizer except for my pictures books.


 I am really excited about this!  It's above my library nook and although it's difficult to see, there are yellow strings going from the bottom point up to the star.  I'll put a clothespin with their name on it and then they move their clothes pin up to the star, which is 30 books.

This is the most awkward bulletin board.  It's super tall and I can barely reach the top.  Last year, I just kept the top section blank because it was easier.  (I did fix the crooked boarder too.  I didn't realize it was crooked until after I took the picture and then forgot to retake it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment