Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Getting organized with post its

So I am going back to school. My administration convinced me that I need to go into administration in the future. They are thinking near future, I'm thinking a little father on.  I'm definitely not done teaching!

Starting this journey is terrifying and leaves me feeling just slightly out of control. In order to combat that I've reorganized a few things, including my planning book.   

Here's what it looked before.

Not terrible, I know, but in order to feel more inner calm I need to have things in my life look and feel neat. Plus my boxes were just a tad too small and I kept having to cut the post its to make it fit. Annoying. 

This is what I spent 30 minutes creating the other day. 
Just look how beautiful! I also took out those old conference boxes because I wasn't utilizing them very well. Instead I'll just write in the space as needed. 

The printing seemed a bit ridiculous at first, but I love how neat it is and it makes my happy. Happy=calm. Calm=less anxiety. 

It's actually very easy. I created a word document with boxes that fit my post its. I just put them on and slide it through the printer! 




Here are a few tips: 
1) Make sure that the sticky side is at the top so it goes through first. This is important so your post its don't lift up and jam your printer. 
2) Before you put your paper through, press it flat. Run your hand from the top to the bottom. This will help so the sides don't accidentally lift. 

I have free printable a of these going up on my TpT. Check it out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment