Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Organizing, Planning, and Reviews!

SUMMER ORGANIZATION TOOLS
I stopped by Target for a few random things today and amazingly I walked out with much more than I had planned on buying.






Look at these!  They were in the dollar section!  I was really excited to find them and bought ten of them.  There were some bright green ones as well, but I am sticking with black.  I haven't decided yet what to use them for, but I know one of them will be used for pulling names.  I'm still brainstorming other ideas. 

I also picked up a few different note pads and pens and pencils for my reward box.  I love Target.

SUMMER PLANNING EXTRAVAGANZA
This week my plan is to set up by teacher binder as much as possible.  Obviously I can't really put this together.  For one, I won't have finalized class lists until a few days before school.  Also, I don't know what my teaching schedule will be yet.  So I want to be able to tweak things, but have a good solid basis for my teacher binder before we get there.  Then I can just fill it all in as I go along.   I'll try and post some pics of it as it begins to take shape over the next few days.

I also want to buy and make my crate seats.  Although I haven't seen crates at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond.  I did find them at Office Max, but they were $8 each and I didn't want to spend that much.  I'm going to Walmart tomorrow to see if they have them in.  I think I might have to wait a month or so, though.   I hope not.  I have plans man!!


READING UPDATE
I just finished Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel last night.  (Stayed up until midnight to finish it!)  I'll be honest, at first I thought I would be dragging myself through this book, but after the first couple of chapters I was hooked.  Half Brother explores animal experimentation and our responsibility to animals as humans through the eyes of a young teenage boy whose parents are scientists.  As part of an experiment, his parents bring home a baby chimp to be raised in their home as a part of their family.  I was very appreciative of the way Oppel had Ben questioning his parents, his friends, his mentor, and himself throughout the novel.  It was believable, just as believable as the relationship that forms between Ben and his "half brother" Zan.   I definitely recommend this book.  I think it's one that my students will really enjoy as well and I'm looking forward to sharing it with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment