Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Literary Terms: A Plan for the Year

I have busy working over here, only not in my room...

Don't worry...I'll get to it!  There are three entire weeks left until kids start back.  Plenty of time!!

So what have I been working on?  As you may know, I've started a TpT store and I 've been going back through some of my lesson plans and vamping them up.  Making little corrections, putting pretty background on them, and writing them into more detailed instructions--with lots of suggestions for alternatives.

Over the weekend I posted my first unit.  It's called Bloom's Level of Questioning and it's a starter unit for the year, with the intention that you'll continue to go back to those ideas throughout.  It's laying the foundation for a classroom filled with students' questions.  Students who learn to create questions, will be better readers and thinkers.

We start with the basics of understanding what each of those levels means, then move onto the blooms verbs.  Students learn which of these verbs will match up the levels.  We focus on the HOT levels more as the school year progresses, but throughout the year we will go back.

There will also be a board and I'm looking forward to creating that with student work and then referring back to it as we get further into the year!

Check out the preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment